your daily routine

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 14 14:30:09 CEST 2008

Ron West schreef:
> while on the subject of nutrition and fitness i'm curious to know what
> the daily choices of those that consider themselves fit are. what food
> do you eat? vitamins? exercise?
> if anyone is interested i can list the supplements, food, exercise,
> habits, etc that make up my lifestyle.

As a big guy, some might say I'm living an unhealthy life, but I
don't agree. I used to live rather unhealthy in the past, but
then I was skinny and drank a lot of alcohol every day. Now I'm
big, but I eat a lot less, don't smoke and only drink during
weekends.

I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit - I love salads - I only buy
whole-wheat bread and often cook with beans and lentils and
pumpkins and stuff, I eat meat, but mostly poultry, fish, or meat
substitutes. I love cheese (some say it's bad, but I can't
imagine living without it). I try to take olive oil and other
oils instead of butter. I don't use sugar consciously (but it's
everywhere) and I don't drink soft drinks with sugar, only
mineral water and diet coke. I also drink a lot of tea - Earl
Grea of course!

My big problem: I am living my life behind my computer and I
don't have much exercise except some biking and walking. Also -
there is no time to do other things than work. Yes, I know, it's
a matter of priority. Also, I am using a type of medicine that
has made me a lot bigger over the years. I am planning on cutting
down because I think it has worked very well for a couple of
years, and I think I might be able to do it on my own again. (If
you insist on details, mail me privately).

Anyhow, I feel great - which is something I haven't been able say
for many years in my life! - and I have been feeling great for at
least 10 years now. That is what counts to me. Everyday is
another beautiful day with lots of cool stuff, and I think the
world, although it has its bad, bad things, is a beautiful place
to be.

Be happy :-)

--

:-)