A Midibox SID preview

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 7 21:25:30 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Mate, that looks firkin ace!  Don't think I have ever seen a leather trimmed
> synth before.

It needs ends of some sort still, probably wood, maybe even birch ply,
but with the same leather as a windowed insert...

I have a leather handkerchief :) (ewww)

> What sid you got in there? I think SIDs are great - they get a hard time
> because every web clip sounds like Donkey frickin Kong, but they really
> don't have to sound like that.  The "I" in SID stands for "ilth", as in
> "filth".

It's an older revision 6581, '83 or '84 I think, need to check.
Only one, but there's enough space and I left a panel cutout for stereo.
The filter on the 6581 is softer/rougher than the 8580, not really
resonant at all. There are also a few bugs which makes the 8580
(or 6582) the better choice most oft.

I have all the modules and parts for the Midibox FM synth (Soundblaster
FM, YMF262) but should complete the SID and the bike first.