New songs from Romain

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Aug 4 22:42:10 CEST 2008

Romain Gros schreef:
> Hello Music-barians!
>
> As i said before   I was quite busy with some Fractales12-music-making ...
> Yesterday I listened to the work of Kristian and this made me realized
> that I should maybe show you guys what I done during all this time ...
> It s not perfect as it should be ( as always for me  ) but what ever ...
> All the songs where made under one concept : "Sighing"
> If you guys want to hear them it will be very nice ...
> Critics (in all kind) are welcome of course .
> While waiting I wish you all a nice day or evening ...
> Romain
>
> You will find 8 songs (with no mastering):
> Zipfile for all the songs: http://silence.fractales12.com/ampfea/rXg/rXg.zip

Hi Romain,

Just finished listening to the last track. I am very positively
surprised by all of them. Here's why:

* Your voice is really growing, and it's getting better and
better - I would even love to "hire" you for some of my own songs
in the future :-)
* The songs, although unfinished, sound fresh to me. My favourite
is "I went to the west" very nice psychedelic stuff.
* I can hear you are very inspired by some new gear you got. I'm
sure others can too.
* You are doing stuff that is quite different from your older
music, which means you are not stuck in your old ways.
* There's no grunting (thank God!)
* There are no metal guitars (thank God!)

Here's some stuff that could be done better:

* work on the tracks and give every single one of them it's own
special character.
* You could go for some more drum variation, although somehow I
think it's really cool to listen to songs that are so basic!
* Work on the mix, and try out your vocals with less reverb (esp.
between 2 mirrors)
* Release a cool album!!

( I can come over to your place after my holidays (say, somewhere
in September) and lend you my ears - should be fun. I can cook us
those brillliant noodles we get in Cambridge every year - yes I
finally found out how to do them! :-)

All in all very well done, mate!!!
--

:-)