Phonic mixer update

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 22 13:40:20 CEST 2008

Jay,

> Arbitration can be a dodgy issue with Firewire...

tell me about it.

>> the firewire disks are on one port of the G5 (rear) and the mixer is
>> on
>> another port (front of G5).
>>

> And this is now working, right?

NO...
The mixer is *ALWAYS* plugged in a different port to the hard drives. Like
I said, it's stoopid.
if I was dumb enough to plug the mixer into the end of the HDD chain I'd
expect issues, but it's on a different port on the mac, always has been.
the *ONLY* way I can get the mixer to work, is to unmount the HDDs and
remove the firewire cable from the back of the mac.

That's why I'm totally confused.

> I'm looking at Lenovo next .. with UbuntuStudio too, of course, which
> I'm finding to be more and more useful every time I use it.. got it
> installed in 3 locations now, and it just keeps improving every week
> with the updates ..

ahhh, the IBM stinkpad :-)
Yeah, see, I'm not keen on software you update every week...
really I don't like updating software, if it wasn't for the fact one app I
needed required 10.4.11 I'd have stayed at 10.4.4, it was working and was
rock solid.

Paul