Phonic mixer update

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 21 22:30:26 CEST 2008

All,

 I have just speant the last hour and half having a painfull reminder of
why software DAWs are shit.

 WTF are apple on? sorry but, I've had nothing but non stop hassle with
OSX lately, in particular firewire devices.

 I can't get the firewire audio device recognised by logic or audio midi
setup, yet it's there as clear as day in the system profiler. The fix?
reboot OSX (YAY I've got a frickin windows box again!).

 Then when I do get it, I keep getting "unable to sync midi and audio" in
Logic and it freezes (I also don't get any sound)... The thing is, I'm
NOT USING MIDI!!!! It's DISABLED!

 so, I'm going to have one more try, then I'm giving up having just wasted
most of an evening trying to get the damned DAW to start.

Paul (Can I have my VS2480 back now please)