Good external HDD's

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 15 13:54:29 CEST 2008

On 17.07.2007 20:30 Uhr, Gert van Santen wrote:
> Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
>> On 17-jul-2007, at 19:15, Andy Tarpinian wrote:
>>
>>> The only company I trust right now is http://www.g-technology.com/  -
>>> very reliable, great stuff, but expensive. So looking at if there are
>>> any other recommendations for reliable drives.
>>>
>>> Please don't anyone say Lacie, I like my data, I want to keep it.
>>
>> I like mine. What's wrong with 'em? ;)
>
> Next time you're here, I'd like you to check out my comatose LaCie 250.
> You can see it, but you can't touch it...

That's funny - my 250 and a buddy's 250 also died last year (toasted
power regulator on one, comatose hard disk on the other).
OTOH Eric has a big stack of LaCie disks (7 or 8, different models) and
(so far, knock on wood) never had a problem.

Besides G-Tech. and WD (just got a MyBook, like it so-so) - anything
else in the range of 200-400GB with FW400 someone can recommend?

    Thanks, Michael.

--
nonconform? noiseconform: http://blauwurf.at/