UK ISP Recomendations?

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 13 18:44:28 CEST 2008

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
>  I've had enough of my current ISP (freedom2surf), crap service and

I'm with F2S.
Their support is dire, esp phone (whenever I ring up, it goes on about
what days and times it opens, then hangs up no matter the day or time, haha)
F2S seems to go through bursts of outage too for up to a day or two at a
time and sometimes the mail seems to F'up, but I'm guessing these
problems happen no matter your ISP and I have means to access the
internet even if the ADSL fails.

I've also been looking to jump ship, for many months, but I cannot find
another ISP now that is unlimited for the price I pay (about ?25, only
2Mb, but that's ok for now) I simply refuse to sign up for an ISP that
has limits on your useage.

Considering my modem reports my line can sync up to 6.8Mbs, sticking
with a rather old unlimited 2Mb package might seem dumb, but at least
the downloads are going stable now, with regular 240Mb/s on torrents and
web DL's.

All I can say is no ISP is consistent across the country, because they
all use bits of another company...

Here's my result on there:

13/04/08 17:36:19
Speed Down 	1665.18 Kbps ( 1.6 Mbps )
Speed Up 	165.75 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )
Port 	8095
Server 	speedtest1.adslguide.org.uk

(That's with two other people surfing on the connection...)