the new pandora box is shaping up..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 10 16:46:38 CEST 2008

> Is the gp2x F-200 good for portable music making (staff or piano roll
> note entry, virtual synth or sample type things) ??

I would say so, yes.  You can run all kinds of trackers, but my
favourite on the gp2x is milkytracker:

http://milkytracker.net/?ABOUT

> Or is there something much better for portable music pottering,
> preferably with sound sources, headphone socket, easy midi/audio
> export etc?
> I have come into a little bit of cash and might want to splash out on
> something like this for the bus and to drag around for those empty
> bits..

GP2X + MilkyTracker == great fun, you get littlepiggy too (thank you
m-.-n, w00t!), as well as a few other bits and bobs .. check this
list out for example:

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6

Don't overlook PureData-GP2X .. you can run some seriously badass PD
patches on the GP2X right now ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan