just in case somebody thought the D3 is nice

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Apr 9 10:53:40 CEST 2008

Hi Michael

Michael Zacherl wrote:
>> What's the Metz flash all about? A bit big
>> innit?! :-)

Ahh, yes, a good flash - another critical accessory. My Canon 550EX is a
bit dated compared to the Metz (no USB firmware upload...), but at a
guide number of 55 pretty close in terms of light power. Although I
rarely use the flash at full power (I tend to let the camera use ambient
metering and then use the flash as fill where possible), it's a really
nice to be able to light up a whole room through indirect lighting -
looks *much* better particularly if you're taking party shots where
people are at different distances, where a direct flash would mean those
nearby are overexposed whereas people in the background look dark...

>       Michael.  (saving up for a D4 from now on  ;-)

I see he's got the bug now...

Bye
Martin

--