DAW + Video Editing. Good Idea?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 6 16:29:15 CEST 2008

Tony Scharf schreef:
> Honestly, a good PC these days can handle multiple roles, and the
> application configurations conflicting is largely a non issue (at
> least for me).  The only reason I dont have my games collection on the
> same PC as my DAW is that I dont want the game-binge clutter that
> amasses around my one pc to interfere with the music-clutter of my
> DAW.
>
> with something video work, I'd actually see them as very complimentary
> as then you can mix the audio for your video on the same great audio
> system.  The system demands for Video work are very similar to those
> of a DAW, so why not turn it into a DAVW (Digital Audio Video
> Workstation)?  It seems like an obvious pairing.

I agree.

Although I try not to be, I am a rather chaotic person, and I
just install everything I like on my computers (Mac and PC) (and
subsequently forget all about it). I am very careful with
possible spyware and virii, though.
Anyhow, in recent years I have never experienced any troubles
that were a clear result of conflicting programmes and/or
drivers, especially not with audio and video progs.

I also agree with Tony that it's a very obvious pairing.

Cheers.

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n