DSLR

Søren Knudsen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Apr 1 10:10:35 CEST 2008

> I just think it's a bad idea to invest into a DSLR, but then compromise
> on the lens. If budget is an issue, I'd rather get a cheaper body but
> spend the money on the optics. There are enough reasonably priced lenses
> around that provide a lot higher quality than these superzooms.
> If you invest into a more up-market body, I think there's simply no
> justification to buy a mediocre lens, especially considering that you'll
> probably keep the lenses over several generation of bodies anyway,
> whereas a digital body becomes "obsolete" much quicker.

But dont you think that easiness/efficiency of use is greater with the wide
zoom area? That is the major reason for me to consider exactly the Sigma
18-200 DC OS lens. I reckon that I will use this as my try-out lens - also to
see which zoom areas I use when and how much, and then later decide on some
better lenses.

/S?ren