Midi Interfaces

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 28 23:22:16 CET 2007

> So, do they handle distributing clock okay?  Other than that they look
> perfect.  Tight timing:

I havnt had any trouble with the timing - mainly because the computer
handles it.   The edirol CANNOT do what the MOTU's can and 'broadcast'
the clock coming off one input to all inputs, so you have to set Live
to transmit clock on every output you want it to.

> http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Aug02/articles/edirolum880.asp
>
> and you can have up to 4.  I like the idea of having 8x8 interfaces as you
> know that you are never going to run out.

Ive never used more than just the one I have, so I cannot comment on
how multiple units will work together.  I am sure that each would
certainly be its own 'island' when used for routing, meaning that
interface 1, port one could not be routed to interface 2 and so forth
(unless you specifically setup some ports for busing info between
them, or used a computer to manage that.

> Ta for the tip dude - next stop, eBay!

No problem!

Tony