Midi Interfaces

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 28 21:59:51 CET 2007

Hey all - sorry for not being around too much, still trying to get things
setup after moving a few months ago.  FINALLY started building up my studio
this weekend but got a long way to go.  So, mainly lurking at the mo..

Anyway.. New studio = new problems.

Im going to have 3, maybe 4 different gear areas with each area having some
sort of purpose (like a jamming rig etc).  I have decided that I should go
out and buy 3 or 4 separate MIDI interfaces, one for each area. This way I
only have a single USB cable going to each rig rather that a ridiculous
number of MIDI cables.

Obviously buying initially 3 of these items means I need to watch the cost.
I would like to go with MOTU as my current interface is MOTU. However, their
cheap interface does not have any patching abilities (I want to be able to
play each rig without having to patch through the computer).

http://www.dv247.com/invt/16350?gclid=CJXn1MK7so8CFQrilAod7kNvIA

So, I have found the Tapco 4 x 4 thingy but Tapco are not exactly renowned
for their MIDI interfaces:

http://www.dv247.com/invt/33996/

Looks good as it has basic patching (a through button allows Input 1 to be
sent to all 4 outs which is about all I need).

Anyone used these fellas?  In particular, has anyone used 2 or 3
concurrently?  Anyone got any other suggestions?

My MOTU MIDI XT is rock solid for timing so defo don't want to get all
sloppy..

Missing you guys..  ta for any suggestions..

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk

www.punkdisco.co.uk/Music/Wot.mp3 - New annoying track