Helping a Real Drummer Sync to Midi Tracks

Bill Fox EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Oct 9 19:20:50 CEST 2007

M@ Pic1 wrote:
> I need a way to keep a real drummer in sync with midi clock. Headphones
> and metronome is possible I guess, but not ideal.
> Is there a visual metronome that syncs to midi? I envision a set of LEDs
> that can sweep back and forth like the eye of a 70s cylon, tasty little
> pauses at each end of the cycle...
The drummer's drift with visual-only info will be much wider.  If
headphones aren't an option, then the MIDI tracks must be blared at the
drummer through the monitors.  Hearing the tracks will yield the best
results.

Are you talking stage or studio?

Cheers,

Bill