Drive Reurrection

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 5 15:14:08 CEST 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 07:59:26AM -0500, Tony Scharf wrote:
> How did you manage the recovery?

It was actually pretty simple - I just needed to find
compatible hardware {and the old Dell here is quasi
compatible}, fix the MBR, patch a few drivers and voila.  I
tried a few other options, notably Linux-based, but the
hardware and BEFS driver combinations simply weren't
working.  I'll keep the BeOS box running long enough to FTP
everything over to my portable drive, stow them away
somewhere for archival purposes, and call it a day.

It's slow going, but it's working.

--
Yours,
Niall.