BBC NEWS | Technology | Apple iPhone warning proves true

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 1 10:52:45 CEST 2007

Ron West wrote:
>> Well, Apple can stick their phone somewhere that is presumably not
>> their> intended niche
>
> apple wawrns that the update will cause their phone to not work.
> people ignore the warning and update their phones anyway and are
> outraged that the said phones don't work any more.
>
> sounds like a case of more money thand brains to me.

I just found it funny that people have complained for years about the
proprietary Windows environment and how evil M$ is for locking in
customers into their system. Meanwhile, the oh so cool competitors seem
to get away with even stronger lock-in tactics (e.g. iTunes/iPod, now
the iPhone, not to mention their hardware for as long as they existed).

Double standards. The world is full of them.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch