Reverb options

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 24 01:58:19 CET 2007

punkdISCO wrote:
> 1)       a dog?s nads VST pluggin

You want to stay inside the machine - then that's what I'd probably do.
Yes, it does become obsolete after a while, but I think it's still
cheaper and makes more sense in the long run given the way you work.

> 2)       some DSP card such as
> http://www.uaudio.com/products/uad-dsp_menu.html

For reverb, I'd take a Powercore. Personally, I love the TC reverbs, so
that's the logical choice. It's not cheap, but you do get quality (I
still *adore* my M3000 - you can buy the same VSS3 algorithms for the
Powercore for a couple hundred pounds).

> 3)       the next Lexicon MX500 with streaming 4 channels of audio
> http://www.lexiconpro.com/ProductIndex.aspx?ProductID=146

Looks nice as well, but it's not much different to something like a
Powercore in your case: If Lexicon stops providing updated drivers,
you're just as buggered as with a Powercore - you're already ditching
the MPX, so you wouldn't keep the MX500 either for exactly the same reason.

Bye
Martin