catastrophic failure (CCTV Drive)

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 16 08:22:12 CET 2007

> Thanks for the link Chris. I gave it a try and after 8 hours of
> processing it  determined there were no  partition information
> fond and
> no  data was recovered :(
> I've tried over 10 different recovery apps and they all run into the
> same problem. No filesystem they can recognize.

Hook it up to a linux box and do a sector copy of the entire disk to
some other disk that has the free space.  Then analyze *that* image
file, not the original hardware.

Big mistake doing the initialize, I'm afraid.  You've probably still
got data scattered on the disk, but no way to get it out.  You'll
have to do a raw binary extraction, and that can be a *very*
frustrating exercise when you don't know the format of the original
data.  For sure you'll need manufacturer details ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan