Recovery (was Re: serious WANT! Samsung SSD 64g drive ..)

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 12 05:55:24 CET 2007

> The files system was NTFS on the music system. my backup drive is EXT3
> because I used knoppix to make disk images to it.  When I went to
> format a new backup disk, I screwed up and accidentally formated the
> data drive.  To make matters worse, linux did NOT see the raid
> controller, so I ended up formatting just one of the stripped hard
> drives.  When I went to do the recovery, It was only able to recover
> every other stripe.

Take a look at Retrospect.  At least, take a look if you decide to stay on
some Windows flavor.  I use it to back up my network and it has been bullet
proof so far.  It can even do real-time differentials (if you buy that
feature).  It supports backing up from multiple network sources to multiple
local and network resources.  It will even do multiple, differential backup
images.  It also isn't very expensive.  $75 when I bought it.

James R. Coplin