The Death of High Fidelity

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Dec 28 19:32:25 CET 2007

> http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/17777619/the_death_of_high_fidelity

having finally read the article.
I'd have to take issue with it's points.

It's not Things like ProTools and MP3 that make music sound crap and
stale, it's the musicians...

The same is true of mastering, the mastering engineers only supply what
the customer asks for!

Two main points ;-
- The article has nothing to do with the death of hifi, it's a rant about
modern production techniques.
- I whole heartedly agree about mastering, but people want to sell their
'product' and if it means compressing it to death to do so, thats what
they'll do.

I *wish* people would stop blaming the tools for their own mistakes!

Paul