Sound Synthesis

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Aug 31 17:15:15 CEST 2007

Chris Strellis wrote:
>> It also should be mentioned, at this point, that functional VCS3 sell
>> for utterly silly prices these days... (like just about anything else
>> analogue that's any good)
>
> This might be an oxymoron but....
> http://www.emsrehberg.de/SYNTHI__s/SYNTHI_Avs_plugin/synthi_avs_plugin.html

I was looking for a link to something like that :) Definitely a good
starting point. I'm sure it sounds great... but I'm equally sure that
PDF-modelling, diode-ladder modelling et al, are either non-existent or
very simply done, so it won't sound the same as Pink Floyd's VCS3. But
of course, exact emulation (of analogue characteristics) is not a
requirement for making great music, or even for making great musical
instruments :)

Tony (HB)