Sound Synthesis

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 30 14:47:32 CEST 2007

I remember Plogue Bidule being mentioned on the music-bar in the past
and it looks interesting so I might give it a go.

I actually found your article on experimedia.net yesterday and from
there followed some good links to some informative web pages and
documents.

Thank you.

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of experimedia
Sent: 30 August 2007 13:39
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Subject: Re: Sound Synthesis

If you really want to jump in and get an understanding for the
fundamentals of synthesis and whats really going on behind those knobs
I would just suggest jumping right in and patching one together in a
modular enviornment like Plogue Bidule. http://plogue.com

And following this step by step tutorial....
http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/bidule-tutorial-1-a-simple-synthesi
zer/
followed by the second part....
http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/bidule-tutorial-2-improving-the-syn
thesizer/
and then the third if your really hungry for more...
http://relivethefuture.com/choronzon/bidule-tutorial-3-filter-modificati
ons/

After finishing it you should have a good understanding of the
internal workings of a subtractive synthesizer which will give you the
ability to look at most any synthesizer's interface/gui and understand
what each section does and how it might effect your sound.

Also here is a short brief article on absolute basics of synthesis...
http://experimedia.net/page.php?id=63