Pitch Where You Live

Niall Munnelly niall.munnelly at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 23:12:30 CET 2024

As I look to wrap up my business in rural Ireland this year, I’m training
my gaze outward for my next potential home. As a single person, I reckon
the best way to do quantifiable good for the environment would be to move
to a densely-populated urban area with a robust public transport, walking
and cycling infrastructure.

Getting off my high horse, of course I want access to the arts and all the
benefits that cities allow. Where shall I look that’s not in the US, Éire
or Great Britain? I hope to meet Jay in Vienna this year. Basque Country
has great appeal. I want to check out Occitania, absolutely. Brussels seems
like a smart idea. What places are walkable, cycling-friendly and punch
above their weight, culturally (especially musically) that I should
investigate?

Yours,
Niall.