iPad and Ableton live

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 12:59:01 CET 2023

Hello Tom

I don't get a lot of mileage out my iPad musically, but I here are the apps
I get the most use out of:

Bebot - Robot Synth by Normalware. At it's simplest, a throwaway
touchscreen theremin, but dig a bit deeper and it has polyphony, decent
synthesis/fx and useful scale options. This has ended up being part of my
live rig, for improvised noodling and padding between tracks.

Reason Compact by Reason studios. Ridiculously limited and so pricey to
unlock things that I never have, but I've started a few tracks on this and
ported them over to the desktop version of Reason

Bloom: 10 Worlds by Brian Eno / Peter Chilvers / Opal Music. Ambient music
generator. If you're the sort of person who puts Eno's ambient stuff on in
the background, this is for you.

Scape by Brian Eno / Peter Chilvers / Opal Music. Similar to Bloom, but
more of a creative tool than a simple player.

- Andy_R