Apple M1

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Nov 17 23:24:24 CET 2020

Ah, I can agree with that. The MacBook Pro’s after 2016 are really not great, quality-wise.

My 2016 model had continuous random crashes with external displays, resulting in three logic board replacements, also two top case replacements due to keyboard issues.

Then got it swapped out for a complimentary 2018 model that I’m using now. That one had a battery issue, which again means a top-case replacement.

All fixes free of charge and without a fuss from Apple, by the way.

Forget about repairing these machines yourself, I think that ship has sailed long ago :)

Cheers,

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL