Behringer System 100

paula at synth.net paula at synth.net
Fri Jan 17 22:04:42 CET 2020

J,

> It is really a difficult ethical position - on the one hand, you’re
> right, but on the other hand there will be a lot more new people
> introduced to the synthesiser world, simply because Behringer made it
> affordable for them.

So, you'd be happy with someone selling your music for a 1/10th of the
price you do?
It makes music affordable to many more people around the world, so
that's good for music by the same token?

> This is good for those of us who are worn out by
> a lot of the elitist/price-gouging stuff that goes on in the synth
> world, which does put people off from actually understanding the art.
> 3000 bucks for a mono synth with a famous brand is .. well, yeah.
> Maybe not really a great way to build the market.

you don't buy a rolex for your first watch.
So I think that comparison is a bit "unrealistic".

> Its going to be interesting to see where things are in a couple of
> years.  This has definitely made waves, and a lot of new kids are
> playing synths..

as has spotify, lots of people are listening to more music, whilst the
artists gets less for their work.

Paula