Reaper is coming to Linux

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue May 10 19:21:01 CEST 2016

Op 10-5-2016 om 09:30 schreef Jay Vaughan (ibisum):

> Well those are all valid psychological justifications for not trying new technology, I grant you that, but Reaper is an awesome tool, great value for money, and it showing up on Linux is going to be wonderful for those of us who aren’t obsessive-compulsive about being mainstream, and just want good tools for the investment.

I've tried Reaper recently, but like with pretty much all music software
I've tried, I find it difficult to get my head around it.Maybe because
I'm used to ProTracker on the Amiga, but even when using Renoise, how to
start from scratch and actually get sound out? It's not immediately obvious.

> But I should know better than to try to enlighten you on Linux-related issues, you’ve got a very fixed mindset and don’t even make music anyway.

Linux is great for running services. As soon as I try it for desktop
use, be on on my CCTV server or running SteamOS, I feel it falls short
of what Windows offers me out of the box.

Like Tony, I spend the entire day behind a screen, so in the evening, I
just want to relax and not be forced to think about computers. It
doesn't help that I don't manage to sleep more than six hours a day and
that I'm always tired.

- Peter