Radiohead: A Moon Shaped Pool

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Sat Jun 11 23:08:40 CEST 2016

There is a "from the Basement " recording session by radio head on YouTube. Watching and listening to "weird fishes" turned me into a radio head, I think.

To me it's just perfect, the way every voice enters, with just the right timbre, just the right volume and intensity, just the right amount of harmony and dissonance.

I fell in love with thom yorke 's voice with UNKLE's "rabbit in your headlights", such a desperate wail, it almost made me cry.

Of course he's off key often, he doesn't enunciate well but that just adds a wonderful flavor for me.

Perfect is so 1990s...;-)

Then again, I am also a big fan of The Notwist, kimya Dawson, Jeffrey Lewis, underworld  etc -- I guess I tend to like people who don't/can't sing...;-)

As for the wailing, I used to be a big fan of the cure too, I guess that added to that...:)

But like jay said, I'm not trying to convince anyone, if you don't like them and their music, that's fine with me, but please don't yuck my yum, ok?

Kai