New Midi keyboard

Jay Vaughan (ibisum) ibisum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 21:25:29 CEST 2016

> Any pros and cons to share?
> /Micke

So, my new-found chops and passionate love for music-making is coming from the fact of my setting up my Yamaha CLP-30(*), and using it as the master controller for everything.  It is a pretty old piece of junk, but it is really freakin’ awesome, to be honest.  I have full piano-playin’ love back in the mix, and the dynamics are neat too.  Weighted keys are really worth the effort.  Everything else sits on top, so I still have Fatar keybeds if I want them, but Yamaha weighted controllers are lovely.

So, my only advice is, before you get comfy with some new plastic thing, check out the fully-weighted, piano-controller options available to you.  While I wouldn’t recommend a CLP-30 (coz its a bit janky after all these years, although I love janky pianos, so ymmv..), perhaps there is another ‘fully-weighted piano controller’ option in the mix?

(*- https://www.google.at/search?q=yamaha+clp-30&rls=en&tbm=isch)

;
--
Jay Vaughan