El Capitan

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Wed Oct 14 21:20:08 CEST 2015

On 14.10.2015, at 19:37, Dennis Jameson <komatos at icloud.com> wrote:

> Lesson learned: don't upgrade OS'es or hardware that has a new OS installed on it until most bugs have been worked out.

Which means for OS X which is only available through the App Store: get a version you think you might want to install and put it on a stick, DVD or drive. Wait until you need it. Then install it and install necessary updates (because you can still update -- but not upgrade to anything but the most up to date system!)

I was waiting for Yosemite to be stable before updating -- now at first I thought I was stuck with Mavericks (which isn't bad, so I haven't felt the urge), but a friend has an image of Yosemite, so that keeps me feeling safe.

But actually from everything I hear, El Capitan seems to need to get a few bugs ironed out and then seems like the snappier, better system.

I'll keep watching,
Maverick