A or B

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 21:43:28 CEST 2015

They are pretty different beasts..

Ive not looked up the prices so this is just from their specs..

I guess with the motu you are getting "more for your money" as you get old fashioned analogue i/o.

With the RME, it is on a separate PCI card and Im a little old fashioned about this; I like audio going through a dedicated PCI slot rather than USB or Firewire.  Its not for any sensible reason other than this is the way Ive had it for as long as I can remember and I like the fact that Im not putting huge audio challenges through USB/Firewire.

Oh, and the RME gives you a bit more i/o.

Say all this, im setup is Motu and I love its stability..

Let us know what you do..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk