A or B

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 21:58:12 CEST 2015

I would get the motu as I am the opposite, it’s been over 10 years since I had a PCI card. Coincidentally I’ve had an 828MKII for over 10 years :)

I don’t know much about the RME but one big thing is that you can still use the Motu as a mixer with the computer off. Also I when recording audio I have been using the motu’s mixer to monitor direct instead of monitoring in the DAW, which cuts down on latency (don’t know if the RME can do this.)

But I think you might be using separate digital mixers so these points maybe moot.