Once you go Mac..

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Tue Feb 24 16:35:42 CET 2015

So...my PC DAW died a sudden agonizing death. My data is secure and backed up, but it like looks like the mother board might be hosed. It's been acting up for a while, and the diagnostic I ran showed too many red lights to trust it with production going forward.So, I'm looking at getting my first Mac. This was the third PC I've had go bad not long out of warranty, and I'm looking to make a switch. My wife's MacBook has been wonderful for her, so I'm just going to suck it up and pay the apple tax.Right now I'm looking at an iMac 27 inch. Probably not a retina since it will shave some cost. I know to upgrade RAM myself. What should I do for storage? What's a fusion drive compared to a flash(I imagine that's Apple speak for SSD?).Also, how reliable are FireWire to Lightening adapters?  I'd rather not also have to upgrade my audio interface.  What does the bar suggest?  Tony