Odroid chords...

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:53:27 CEST 2014

Yes you are. The way braids works is that there's a macro oscillator with 3
parameters

The first one is the oscillator type (that is somehow an algorithm
selector) and then 2 parameters that do different things depending on the
chosen type. Have a look at the list here:

http://mutable-instruments.net/modules/braids/specifications

Olivier's code is very clean and I had not too many issues to integrate it
into my framework. There's a couple of possible pitfalls with buffer size
(it can't be odd and not greater than 40 - ? i would have to look it up -
samples but apart from that it was really easy to integrate. If you ever
want my source code that uses it and the DFM-1, I'd be happy to fork you a
copy.

Now I have one more question on DFM-1:

As it stands, I really love it but to integrate into a synth, and if I
compare to hardware ones, the resonance feels a little hard to control. At
low settings, it doesn't resonate much and at higher setting, it goes
really quickly in self oscillation.

Would you see a way to part from the pure modeling of the AFM and make the
resonance have a 'better' range ? I guess I could do a different lut but
I'd like to have your input on this.

/M

http://marc-nostromo.com