Effects product Idea

Tony Scharf entropymagnet at noisetheorem.com
Thu Jan 9 16:01:07 CET 2014

Another thing I have been wanting for a LONG time would be like this:
A tabletop 4 block FX unit.
4 inputs (two stereo or 4 mono) with 4 outputs (2 stereo). 8 in 4 out would be better, but then your getting into mixer territory.
Each block has: - Its own 2x16 lcd.   - It's own algorithm selectable from a pool (delay, reverb, filters, bit crush/decimator, distortion, compression, etc.) - 6 knobs for editing parameters - A couple LFOs for parameter automation - A couple of envelopes - some kind of simple mod matrix. - dedicated knob for input level, output level and wet/dry control (these could possibly be shared, but I'd prefer dedicated)
The blocks share: - Routing table (one parameter that selects the 'structure' of the signal path) - an 8 step x 4 track parameter modulation sequencer.  Each program can have 8 patterns associated with it. - an LED display for selecting program numbers for load/save operations.  - MIDI in/out/thru (actualy MIDI...USB if you feel like it) - a 'scene' function for storing knob positions that you can then use a 'morph' controller to switch between.
Physically, it should be no bigger than an Elektron box, and be designed for table top and not foot use.
keep it under $1000 USD.
I've mentioned this dream product before.  Still waiting for someone to make it.
Tony