IPAD configuration

Jay Vaughan ibisum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 18:16:09 CET 2014

iPad jams can just have multiple iPads, repurposed iPhones and so on.  The iPhone is a great re-programmable DSP module .. thats the very terrible thing about the whole aspect of the market at the moment actually, from the perspective of trying to compete .. for a couple hundred clams you get a cheap DSP in all its ubiquity and base line usability.  When you (“inevitably”) upgrade your iPhone, just use the old one as a synth or effects machine, add and repeat.

I’m yet to see an artist with, like, 32 iPhones in a live performance, but I’m sure its possible to just keep adding devices for every track in a traditional multitrack layout .. like, imagine just using a single iPhone for .. say .. a cowbell.  More cowbell = just get another device.  Like Romain says, just treat the thing as a multi-timbral MIDI synth with channels laid out per your own standard, set at the DAW, and leave it at that.  Its a MIDI DSP.  Just like the rack, only pocketable.  Oh and you can call Mummy on it if you need to.. wtf, it already really is the future.

BTW Gert, I actually have been working all day!  The only breaks I’ve been taking have been to verbal diarrhea’ize you guys ..  Well, its 7pm on a Friday night .. my folks are off, I’m left alone in the lair, what else am I do .. hmm.

;)

j.