IPAD configuration

Rom MUSIC BAR xtechcode at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:57:34 CET 2014

On iPad, I can load many app set on different midi channels but for CPO problem( iPad 3) it s better to use one app at the time,which means few other apps are opened in background and are ready to be played via daw or keyboard. Just try with your apps configuration, you may be able to use two apps at the same time ...

By keeping the same midi channel for the dedicated app in the iPad and in your daw (make a default one), it should not be a problem to get back to the project saved later (of course you need to save your setting in the apps themselves, like hardware synth) …

Now using many apps with the touch-screen is imo a pain and indeed it s better to just keep one and only one app to be controlled via it  but still you can load the other app in the background as i said above …

I don t know if it make sense maybe it helps you :)

Romain

The only problem I have with this is that apple fucks with people on their accessories and this makes every hardware synthesizer an accessory.   Also, I play with my iPad, but I've only got one app i've ever actually created with.

Also, it's just not convenient to work with multiple apps on the iPad the way it is with a DAW and plugins.  Getting a project up and running and then getting back to it latter is still a major pain (don't know how others do it).  I like Korg Gadget a lot, and I think if I had proper keyboard for the iPad I'd make more use of it....but it's still just a sketchpad and not a production tool.