iPad help needed

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Mar 18 22:48:40 CET 2013

Right, today has yet again reaffirmed that I don't like Apple. I had set
up restrictions on my son's iPad, and I know 100% certain that I entered
the correct passcode, but the iPad seems to think otherwise. And now I
cannot install any apps.

I've read somewhere that I should reset to factory defaults, in essence
wiping the thing, and then sync back. What I'm afraid of, though, is
that I will delete some of his settings (progress in games, for example)
or photos. I'd really hate if that happened.

Does anybody have any experience with factory resetting an iPad?

- Peter