iPad help needed

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Mar 18 22:59:22 CET 2013

Op 18-3-2013 22:48, Peter Korsten schreef:
> Right, today has yet again reaffirmed that I don't like Apple. I
> had set up restrictions on my son's iPad, and I know 100% certain
> that I entered the correct passcode, but the iPad seems to think
> otherwise. And now I cannot install any apps.
>
> I've read somewhere that I should reset to factory defaults, in
> essence wiping the thing, and then sync back. What I'm afraid of,
> though, is that I will delete some of his settings (progress in
> games, for example) or photos. I'd really hate if that happened.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with factory resetting an iPad?

Not an iPad, but an iPhone. But that was 3 years ago, and it went
OK, although I think I did miss some stuff afterwards, and it
took quite long (about 1,5 hours). The phone was quite a bit
faster after that, though :-)

I never had any passcode problems on any of my Apple stuff, be it
computers or iOS gear. Of course it's picky about CAPS, so you
might want to check that (although I'm sure you did).

I'm not sure what will get deleted in games etc. You might want
to google that.

I think Joost and Jay might have some ideas.

Otherwise I would not know what could have gone wrong, apart from
user error ;-)

Good luck, and please let us know how you solved the problem!

Gert

--
gert van santen
www.gertvansanten.nl