Apple: meh

Komatos komatos at comcast.net
Tue Jun 11 21:45:04 CEST 2013

Internally: not sure. Externally: with 4 USB3 ports, 1 FW800 port & 1 ThunderBolt port, yes. They do have the capability if special ordered from Apple directly (I bought mine from Micro Center for $50 cheaper: $749 instead of $799) to replace the internal 1TB 5400 RPM SATA HD with either a 256GB SSD or a hybrid drive (half SSD, half SATA).

Boot up times aren't really a worry for me since the Mac Mini line are such low power consumers I leave it on 24/7/365 (except during thunderstorms). This allows me to use Logmein.com to remote access my Mini from work & my work desktop from home. Great for remote troubleshooting.

Besides which, nothing can beat the boot up time of my former custom built PC from the early 2000's running BeOS 5.0.3/PhOS. :-) That baby used to boot up from BIOS/CMOS to ready-to-use desktop in 3-5 seconds.

--komatos/wasted
home.comcast.net/~komatos
Twitter: @KomatosRecords