Automap

Christian Borg christian at borgstation.com
Wed Sep 5 22:26:19 CEST 2012

I think you're on the right track setting your own default "within" automap
mapping.

I use cubase and just recently found out how to use automap just like that
and with some other tweaks it seems to be working great.

I'll post later this weekend when I get back. Perhaps there is something
you could also use with Live. (I have a dedicated cubase controller (CMC)
as well and the combination is really good)

christian

On den 5 september 2012 at 18:16 Andrew Tarpinian
<andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:07 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:
>

> > On 04.09.2012, at 19:59, Gert van Santen wrote:
> >
> >> I stopped using the automap function years ago because I found it just
too confusing.

> > I always felt Automap was made for a hypothetical perfect user who does
everything automapped exactly the way Automap wants her to.

> > Confusing? unreliable is the word I'd use…
>
> I think I'm getting on better with it now,  just setting up my own
mapping with-in automap for plug-in's and making them default, it's
actually pretty swanky if you just do your own thing, duh I guess... One
thing that is annoying is say you are controlling a plugin and then you
switch tracks to a different plugin, automap and your controller will still
control the original plug-in until you click on the GUI of the new plug-in.
Kinda sucks that you have to go back to the board/mouse every time you
switch instruments.