Automap

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:16:50 CEST 2012

On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:07 PM, K9 Kai Niggemann <canine at waf80.de> wrote:

> On 04.09.2012, at 19:59, Gert van Santen wrote:
>
>> I stopped using the automap function years ago because I found it just too confusing.
>
> I always felt Automap was made for a hypothetical perfect user who does everything automapped exactly the way Automap wants her to.
>
> Confusing? unreliable is the word I'd use…

I think I'm getting on better with it now,  just setting up my own mapping with-in automap for plug-in's and making them default, it's actually pretty swanky if you just do your own thing, duh I guess... One thing that is annoying is say you are controlling a plugin and then you switch tracks to a different plugin, automap and your controller will still control the original plug-in until you click on the GUI of the new plug-in. Kinda sucks that you have to go back to the board/mouse every time you switch instruments.