Ableton controllers

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:11:12 CEST 2012

So right now I am trying Pages with my monomes for controlling Live and I think it is working out well. I have the 256 controlling clips/track buttons and the 64 as a keyboard for playing (I can also have multiple pages and switch to control different things/monome apps but I think I want to keep things pretty hardwired). What think I need now is some faders to put beneath the 256. I'm shooting to try and have them very small so they can match up with the rows of the monome (similar to how the APC works.) Anyone know of something like this? What would be perfect is 16 narrow faders each with a knob on top. I will probability have to compromise but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas?

The transport buttons on say the nanoKontrol would really throw the faders off if I had 2 of them next to each other. Then this seems like it would be a perfect job for the Livid Elements, but I am still trying to figure out their prices, it seems like when you get one of the bundles you basically get a big discount on the case. But then at the end of the day, a bundle of 4 modules (with case and brains,) say 16 faders for example, costs $650... That just seems expensive no? You can get an OhmRGB for less than that.

BTW this is a good video that shows interesting ways to use controllers in a studio environment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-A4-DzDME