Ableton controllers

K9 Kai Niggemann canine at waf80.de
Wed Jul 18 16:01:09 CEST 2012

I am using TouchAble on the iPad to fire clips and a Doepfer Drehbank to control levels, FX and filters like on a mixer for the first 12 channels (of Drehbank), the last 4 are reserved for the FX returns).

(I got my Drehbank in 2008 for 120 EUR. The last one I saw on ebay was 400 EUR "buy now"...)

I am thinking of getting more little knob-boxes to control fx with: something like a pocket control that I only use to edit the main reverb for example. That way it feels like hardware, because changing the modes around live confuses me way too much. one button one function is absolutely where it's at.

And what you said about touch screens: the lack of tactile feedback sucks. I'd like MPC-like pads that are soft-labeled like the clips in TouchAble are...

Kai