Nokie HumanForm

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Jul 13 22:26:06 CEST 2012

Op 13-7-2012 20:13, deeplfo schreef:

> You guys seen this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjeinDdBIZM&feature=share
>
> I was thinking that perhaps the first editions might break a lot due to
> excessive twisting and bending :-)

It's obvious that it's aimed at women, but did they really have to shape
it like a sanitary towel? Also, the shape is useless to do anything like
watching videos or photos.

But more than anything else, because it's Nokia, it's bound to come with
all sorts of rubbish software and monikers like "Ovi" that nobody cares
about.

Looking back to May 2010, when I got my Nokia E72, I still think it was
a nice phone for its time, although it was already lagging behind. But
the software has always irked me. Nokia Maps is brilliant, but not
enough to warrant buying a new Nokia. And when I was playing with a
Nokia X7, or something of the sort, it would show a busy pointer every
time you touched the screen.

Compare that to the Android phone I got now... OK, so probably it has
more computing power than my previous PC, but even though Android feels
a little rougher around the edges than iOS, it's also more... exciting,
perhaps, not so stuck in predictable patterns as Apple's offering.

But when you compare Samsung;s Kies to Nokia's Ovi Suite (or Nokia
Suite, these days), the former does just what you want, whereas the
latter tries to shove their bloody shop down your throat.

In case there's any doubt, I'm no longer a Nokia fan. I'll stop ranting
now and crawl back under my over-heated limestone rock. :)

- Peter

P.S. Typing this on an extremely cute and small Logitech keyboard for
iPad. It's a lovely thing - but why no 'delete' key?