Nokie HumanForm

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri Jul 13 23:39:09 CEST 2012

On Jul 13, 2012, at 23:19 , Peter Korsten wrote:

> However, the ironic part is because of Apple, innovation is currently stifled. Try a new idea, and you can bet that Apple has patented it. To unlock my phone, I have to press a button and swipe the screen. Guess what: Apple sued them over that. Why? What's so special about swiping a screen? Should the competition artificially cripple itself because Apple has patented so many ideas?
>
> Their business model has never been so much about innovation as it has been about delivering an integrated product and focus on the user, but now there's a definite shift towards a litigation-based business model. And because of their sales, that are more about image and touch-point marketing than their products supposedly being so brilliant, they have the legal muscle to protect their market share, and stifle innovation, world-wide.

I don't agree with Apple's lawsuit against HTC, but the ones against Samsung I can only support. Samsung is a crazy copycat, some nice examples:

http://samsungcopiesapple.tumblr.com/

No innovation there at all. Crazy thing is: We were buying a washing machine a couple of months ago, and even there you see for example Samsung very obviously copying Miele. The other manufacturers, not so much.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL