NI Maschine

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 19 05:55:07 CET 2012

I love Maschine too :-)

Anyways...my preference is to finish off everything in Live, and I especially want to use all the separate audio outs of Maschine  instead of its master out.

So, if I start anything in Maschine I'll either sample it into Live, or use its audio outs that I've routed within Live.  Things are still midi sync-ed to Live.  So, scene length, etc is not an issue.  I like banging beats out of Maschine, so I'll program a beat there and do a midi clip drag-n-copy of that group-clip on to midi tracks I've set up in Live.  I can then take that group track and split it up into the individual tracks in Live that still trigger Maschine, but do all kinds of edits in Live.  At the same time I've got things setup up so that while those clips are playing in Live, and triggering Maschine,  I can keep adding hits to my beat, via either the pads on Maschine or from any other controller in my setup, and have that hit be either added to the Maschine part or the Live track.

The main reason again for all of this is that original goal of wanting to use all the separates outs of Maschine instead of its master out.  It's truly amazing how much of a difference in sound control that provides, and actually sounds much better.  This and given that I wanted to be able to either hit the pads on Maschine, or any other of the controllers in my setup, and have that midi available (in Maschine or Live) is why I've got it setup as such.

HTH,
mohsen

________________________________
 From: punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk>
To: 'Music-bar' <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:52 AM
Subject: RE: NI Maschine

[a bit late..]

Hi Mohsen (and all)

> The trickiest part was setting up Live with the right track settings for
both capturing midi from Maschine and outputting midi to Machine.

How are you synchronising Live with your Maschine scenes?  I just ensure my
Maschine scenes are the same length as my song sections (Intro / Verse 1 /
Chorus 1 / etc..).  I also don't currently have any need to capture MIDI
from Maschine or, send MIDI to it..  Why are you doing this?

Im still really liking Maschine btw and, been using it constantly for the
last 4 weeks..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk