reviving an MPC 2000?

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 2 22:37:30 CET 2012

Hi gang,

I feel I need to revive my old MPC 2000 (original, not XL). it is one of the most versatile instruments I have ever used and would love to use it again.

The reason why it is sitting in its case is that it has a few problems:

- filesystem (only allows 128 files per disk, no folders)
- storage (floppy or SCSI)

The XL implemented a new filesystem -- and apparently it's possible to update it easily with an internal CF-card reader for about 40EUR. For the 2000 I found something that looks promising -- a Japanese SCSI CF-card reader that you can solder onto the SCSI controller -- but is that really something I'd like to try to do??

Has anyone tried this? or come up with plans of your own?

An alternative would be to switch to an MPC 1000 with JJOS -- or a 2000 XL, they can both be found on ebay for under 600 EUR.

I would really like to use my MPC with my Drumstation, in a sort of a permanent connection -- with a serious medium to save my files and back them up on the computer -- something the CF would do.

Any suggestions? Ideas? schematics? ;)

thanks
Kai