MKS70

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 2 14:54:46 CEST 2011

> Anyway, James will have the pleasure of figuring it out :)

Fo'sure :|

> > http://www.strellis.com/rs3.shtml
>
> That MAM RS3 thing looks like a lesson in warmth... mad, man :)

You'd like it ;)

It's based on the Korg PS3100 triple resonator.

http://www.korganalogue.net/korgps/manuals/3100/1/1RESO.html

and from
http://www.birthofasynth.com/Scott_Stites/Pages/triple_svvcf_main.html

"The PS3100 resonator is made up of three independent bandpass filters.
The filters are arranged in parallel - i.e the input signal is applied
to the inputs of all three filters, and the outputs of all three filters
are then mixed together to form the composite resonator response.

The centre frequency of each bandpass filter is separately tuneable, so
that each filter can carve out its own section of the input signal. In
addition to that, all three filters can be moved in tandem by another
control, or control voltage, so that the centre frequency of each filter
maintains the same relationship to the other two filters. Sweeping the
three filters in tandem is what gives the resonator its unique
character. Adjusting the relative position of each filter's centre
frequency changes the character of the initial response, and this
response is swept up and down in frequency. Sweeping the resonator in
tandem often, to me, sounds like a resonant phase shifter.

In addition to being able to sweep all three filters in tandem, the
resonator also allowed one to adjust the resonance of all three filters
with one control, which provided yet even more variation to the effect.

In later days, the resonator concept was expanded upon - one example is
the MaM RS3. The MaM RS3 allowed the filters to not only be swept in
tandem, but also independently of each other, to a large degree. In
other words, where the original resonator would only allow all three
filters to sweep up and down together, the MAM RS3 would allow two
filters to sweep up while another swept down, even at different rates.
This greatly increases the range of effects possible from a triple
resonant filter.

Another innovation of the RS3 was the ability to provide a stereo output
derived from the three swept filters."

Maybe you want to model it ;)

Cheers

Chris