MKS70

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Sep 2 13:48:12 CEST 2011

On 02/09/11 08:10, Chris Strellis wrote:
> The high voltage transformer for the display tends to be the culprit here.

I had a "casual" look at the display board (not so casual, given the amount of
undoing of screws and connectors), and couldn't see anything physical, so I'd
guess a transistor that's exposed to a high VCE needs replacement...

Anyway, James will have the pleasure of figuring it out :)

> I have a JX-10 which is the same synth. It features in most of my tracks.  A
> lovely warm synth brought to life with the PG800 programmer.  The PG800 often
> goes for more than the synth.  You should get maybe £250 for the PG800 alone
> ;)
>
> The first two demos here are JX-10
>
> http://www.strellis.com/rs3.shtml

That MAM RS3 thing looks like a lesson in warmth... mad, man :)

Tony (HB)